Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to select area bounded by a specific colored line
If I want to select an area which is bounded by a specific colored line (se the attached sample) how can I do that the easiest and with the greatest possible accuracy?

.xcf   Sample - Mark area to the red bounders.xcf (Size: 390.88 KB / Downloads: 27)
(04-20-2024, 09:10 PM)T-buch Wrote: If I want to select an area which is bounded by a specific colored line (se the attached sample) how can I do that the easiest and with the greatest possible accuracy?

With Select by Color (Shift+o) you select the line that outlines the colors.
With the selection active you can paint this selection with the color of your choice. (here I used black color).
This way you have obtained the desired area.

If you want, just select each transparent area and add colors individually to each one.

Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(04-21-2024, 01:23 AM)Krikor Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 09:10 PM)T-buch Wrote: If I want to select an area which is bounded by a specific colored line (se the attached sample) how can I do that the easiest and with the greatest possible accuracy?

With Select by Color (Shift+o) you select the line that outlines the colors.
With the selection active you can paint this selection with the color of your choice. (here I used black color).
This way you have obtained the desired area.

If you want, just select each transparent area and add colors individually to each one.

Thank (Maybe I should have just slept on it. The solution seems so straightforward (once you know it) Wink )