Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combining images
Hi,
I would like to combine 2 images using GIMP 10.
I find some tutorial  how to do it on GIMP8 but it was said that GIMP10 have some changing.
I want to put 2 image on the first make in the right size and  basically combine them.
What are directions to combine 2 images using GIMP10?
thanks.
There are some difference between 2.8 and 2.10, but that not much.

Can you provide the 2 images. Or, if they are large, provide a link to them.
(11-05-2019, 04:55 AM)Blighty Wrote: There are some difference between 2.8 and 2.10, but that not much.

Can you provide the 2 images. Or, if they are large, provide a link to them.

It is just  a face and I want to put a horn on it. 
Is there any way to attach photos or I need to provide the link to  them?
Basically I would like to know the direction because i could not find anything  so far that working for 2.10.
I did as below:
Open first image.
Open second image and copy it.
Past it to first one. 
Trying to use layers , mask etc to blend the second with the first one but have no success yet.

I'll appreciate any instruction how to proceed.
(11-05-2019, 08:22 AM)User Wrote: Is there any way to attach photos or I need to provide the link to  them?

See here:
https://www.gimp-forum.net/misc.php?action=help&hid=11

Note the file size limits.
[attachment=3372 Wrote:Blighty pid='15398' dateline='1572944269']        
(11-05-2019, 08:22 AM)User Wrote: Is there any way to attach photos or I need to provide the link to  them?

See here:
https://www.gimp-forum.net/misc.php?action=help&hid=11

Note the file size limits.

I've tried to copy horn , select space on face and pasted a horn into selection then in layer-new layer/transparency/add to Alpha Channel.
but it doesn't work with selection.
How to approach?
thanks.
(11-05-2019, 11:03 AM)User Wrote: I've tried to  copy horn , select  space on face and  pasted a horn into selection then in layer-new layer/transparency/add to Alpha Channel.
but it doesn't work  with selection.

1. Open two separate images - the girl image; and the red heart image.

2. On the red heart image use the Fuzzy Select tool (threshold about 60) to select a black horn.

3. Edit>Copy (or Ctrl-C)

4. Switch to girl image. Edit>Paste (or Ctrl-V)

5. In the layers dialogue you have Floating Selection. Right click and do To New Layer.

6. Use the Scale Tool to reszize the horn layer. (Keep Aspect must be checked)

7. Use the Move Tool to move the horn into position.
(The black horn doesn't show up well against the girls hair, so I changed it to red for clarity.)

(Look at the attached xcf to see the 2 layers)

Attached Files
.xcf   CombinedImages1.xcf (Size: 145.08 KB / Downloads: 226)
(11-05-2019, 01:38 PM)Blighty Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 11:03 AM)User Wrote: I've tried to  copy horn , select  space on face and  pasted a horn into selection then in layer-new layer/transparency/add to Alpha Channel.
but it doesn't work  with selection.

1. Open two separate images - the girl image; and the red heart image.

2. On the red heart image use the Fuzzy Select tool (threshold about 60) to select a black horn.

3. Edit>Copy (or Ctrl-C)

4. Switch to girl image. Edit>Paste (or Ctrl-V)

5. In the layers dialogue you have Floating Selection. Right click and do To New Layer.

6. Use the Scale Tool to reszize the horn layer. (Keep Aspect must be checked)

7. Use the Move Tool to move the horn into position.
(The black horn doesn't show up well against the girls hair, so I changed it to red for clarity.)

(Look at the attached xcf to see the 2 layers)

I am using Mac.
you wrote
"5. In the layers dialogue you have Floating Selection. Right click and do To New Layer."
if I do that it create the new layer in white, so I don't do that but went directly to "Scale layer"

The image heart with horn for Halloween so I want to keep it as is, mean got all imags without something taken off by floating selection.
Could I past all image ?
thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

(11-05-2019, 07:10 PM)User Wrote: you wrote
"5. In the layers dialogue you have Floating Selection. Right click and do To New Layer."
if I do that it create the new layer in white, so I don't do that but went  directly to "Scale layer"

From what you wrote and looking at your image it looks like you have selected "Create a new layer". Look at the attached image to see what I mean.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-06-2019, 05:52 AM)Blighty Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 07:10 PM)User Wrote: you wrote
if I do that it create the new layer in white, so I don't do that but went  directly to "Scale layer"

From what you wrote and looking at your image it looks like you have selected "Create a new layer". Look at the attached image to see what I mean.
It looks i have different items on menus....
Anyway I've figured out how to add image: 
Past it, then on layer-transparency-Color to Alpha.
Is  GIMP as Photoshop or Photoshop have more option/anything else or I need to ask another question?

thanks.
(11-06-2019, 08:09 AM)User Wrote: Is  GIMP as Photoshop or Photoshop have more option/anything

You can achieve the same end result with Gimp or Photoshop. But they are not equivalents. Gimp has features that photoshop does not have; and photoshop has features that Gimp does not have.