Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q: Can AI Solve Scripting Problems? A: Yes
I would feel stupid posting this as a scripting question:

It's from some C manuals and I couldn't understand it. AI told me the 'i' is a variable while I was thinking it was an algebra symbol. No wonder I struggle with code.
I am updating some C code from GTK2 to GTK3 and the AI is giving answers that the compiler accepts. I haven't tried it with interpreted languages like Python but I suspect it would know the code.
(05-12-2024, 12:03 AM)Tas_mania Wrote: I would feel stupid posting this as a scripting question:

It's from some C manuals and I couldn't understand it. AI told me the 'i' is a variable while I was thinking it was an algebra symbol. No wonder I struggle with code.
I am updating some C code from GTK2 to GTK3 and the AI is giving answers that the compiler accepts. I haven't tried it with interpreted languages like Python but I suspect it would know the code.

From my experience with code shown by others it produces code than compile or perhaps even run but this is far from being good code or even working code. So sooner or later you'll have to debug what the AI has produced, which means you have to know how to code better than the AI.
Quote:you have to know how to code better than the AI.

And we don't know how good the AI is at coding. It presents itself as an expert but isn't asking humans any coding questions Smile
People would get worried if it did Smile
(05-12-2024, 11:36 PM)Tas_mania Wrote:
Quote:you have to know how to code better than the AI.

And we don't know how good the AI is at coding. It presents itself as an expert but isn't asking humans any coding questions Smile
People would get worried if it did Smile

Yes, we do, since we can see the output and see if it works. And it somehow asked 200000 coders on GitHub and elsewhere.
I've been reading the comments on Slashdot about the new free ChatGPT4.o. Comments are saying AI is getting dumber because more people are using it and it learns from people.

I thought people were learning from AI but it's the other way round. If AI is learning from people like me watch out because I'm pretty much an idiot Smile