Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set Default Export Format
(09-26-2023, 02:44 PM)Naemoor Wrote: Hi, Is there any way to set the default export format to Microsoft Windows Icon. It is an available format, just not in the preferences dialogue?

Thanking you,

Ian

I will look at submitting an MR to get this file type included in the master version (hopefully someone will then backport it to V2.10)
Thank you. I will upgrade in case v2.10 is not retrospectively upgraded.

Ian
Unfortunately if I try to hack the gimprc file to set the type to ico instead of one of the configurable types the whole config file is ignored. So I guess it"s a no.
(09-26-2023, 10:34 PM)Naemoor Wrote: Thank you. I will upgrade in case v2.10 is not retrospectively upgraded.

Ian

Bear in mind the following. Firstly GIMP V2.99.x is a development version and not recommended for 'serious' use. Secondly I will have to make the changes and submit a merge request. Thirdly the MR will have to be approved and merged by the developers and this can take time - my MR that allows the user to temporarily fix the default export type has been awaiting merging for a over a year now and keeps getting bumped from one milestone to the next as each development release comes out :-(
(04-10-2019, 06:37 PM)programmer_ceds Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 10:16 PM)programmer_ceds Wrote: I did submit a patch for the development version of 2.10 to add a drop-down box to "Edit/Preferences/Image Import & Export" to allow the user to set the default export file type - this received absolutely no response and seems to have not been transferred from Bugzilla to GIT. I guess the developers are happy for users to be hacked off by having to set the export file each time or to have to edit the exe file!

I realise that it won't help you if you are still using GIMP 2.8.x but the patch has been included in GIMP 2.10.10

"Edit/Preferences/Image Import & Export/Export File Type" allows you to set the default.

Thank you so much programmer_ceds!!

You've just fixed one of my minor irritations....I've made the change.... Smile ...