Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp Filter: Adjust images for a slideshow more automatically?
(02-02-2023, 05:10 PM)programmer_ceds Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 03:10 PM)PixLab Wrote: Have a bit of difficulties to understand the latest (underlined, I mean i don't understand 2 same pixels, 2 objects, is it the same pixel... some sort of array or multidimensional array?), but over all I hope I understood the main subject, anyway IMO you don't need add-on, GIMP has native tools for it (I think) Wink

I must admit that I'm not familiar with the Align tool but looking at it does it not handle only vertical and horizontal shifts - i.e. not rotation and stretch/shrink? If this is the case it is not appropriate for the required purpose.

If I understand the OP correctly they have two images of the same subject but as they are taken hand-held it may take shifting, rotation and scaling to align them. In the example they give they might know the coordinates of the pixel at the top of a door handle and those of a given point on the window handle. To get the second image to align with the first one it must be transformed so that the two pixels in the second image have the same coordinates as the corresponding pixels in the first image. The script that I suggested allows the user to enter the coordinates of the door and windows handles in the original image and the coordinates of the door and window handles in the second image. It then uses an affine transformation to shift, rotate and scale (if necessary) the second image so that it is aligned with the first image. This is done in one operation rather than a series of shifts, rotates, scaling etc. with interpolation being done multiple times rather than just once when using the script.

Oh, Ok, I did miss the stretching/shrink/scale part, thanks for your explanations.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gimp Filter: Adjust images for a slideshow more automatically? - by PixLab - 02-03-2023, 12:41 AM