Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accessing last applied Auto Levels from a script
Hi all

I'm new to writing GIMP scripts, and relatively new to python, but slowly I'm beginning to make progress with python-fu and simple script development.

I have a process I'm currently performing manually on a regular basis, and I'd like to create a script to automate it. The manual process is as follows:

1. Select an area of the image
2. Perform Auto Levels (Colors -> Levels -> Auto Input Levels)
3. Undo Levels
4. Select all of the image
5. Re-apply the previous levels (Filters -> Repeat Levels)

In scripting the above, I've got as far as step 4 successfully - but for step 5 I'm stuck, as I can't find any procedure in the pdb that lets me re-apply the previous levels. After a bit of searching online, I found that GIMP writes these values to a GimpLevelsConfig.settings file in the AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\Filters directory (on my installation, at least) - and if I look in this file, I can indeed see the levels last applied... but I can't find any procedure that will let me retrieve the values.

So... my questions to the esteemed and knowledgeable python scripters here are:

1. Is there a way to call the Filters -> Repeat Levels function via an existing internal GIMP procedure?
2. If "no" to the above, is there a way to access the levels values last applied without resorting to the "GimpLevelsConfig.settings" file?
3. If "no" to the above, is there a way of reading the file via one or more existing internal GIMP procedures?
4. If "no" to the above, (a) how do I obtain the directory for the file (in case it's configured differently across versions and platforms), and (b) can anyone help me with guidance on reading and parsing the file to a set of variables?

Any assistance for this rank novice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Mike

PS. Sorry, I forgot to mention, I'm running GIMP 2.10 on Windows, Ubuntu and Fedora environments...

Messages In This Thread
Accessing last applied Auto Levels from a script - by BigMackCam - 04-08-2024, 09:07 AM