Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the original is always better (or not?)
Google translated from : https://tweakers.net/geek/223242/foto-di...adliner.nl

denzjos, thanks for sharing this. Perhaps another point made but not expressed in the story itself is that even knowing there is much deception in our world, people still easily, even eagerly, accept the truth of the stories they're told if it's a story they expect to hear. AI also can abbreviate "artificial information."

I should go back to my cubicle now.
So he was competing "alone" against AI... and got the third place Big Grin

IMHO, if they were more humans in that competition, might be first, second and third places to humans... Just my 2 cents Blush
Patrice
I just joined Debian Forums and one of the questions was 'are you a cat?' I had to think about if for awhile, eventually answering 'No'.

Whats good about this forum is that all AI is banned unless it's related to problem solving. They regard AI bots as a form of DDoS attack which is actually true.  Huh
(06-22-2024, 06:35 AM)Tas_mania Wrote: I just joined Debian Forums and one of the questions was 'are you a cat?' I had to think about if for awhile, eventually answering 'No'.

Whats good about this forum is that all AI is banned unless it's related to problem solving. They regard AI bots as a form of DDoS attack which is actually true.  Huh

OTOH on the Internet nobody knows you are a dog.
Quote:OTOH on the Internet nobody knows you are a dog.

I wish it was true here in Australia. We lost our net anonymity when the government ordered ISP's to log internet connections and keep them for 2 years. I used to use the g00gle 8888 nameserver but now I have to use the ISP's nameservers that are logged.

It was done to cut-down on illegal activity which is good for everybody most of the time but if the authorities want to find out who posted something they can easily.
(06-22-2024, 09:36 AM)Tas_mania Wrote: Now I have to use the ISP's nameservers that are logged.

So, you can add addresses on your PC (the /etc/hosts file) and for theses names you won't go to a DNS.