Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying my hand at Processing, the "Logo" for grown-ups
[Image: 2PJGxEY90layersScaled.webp]

I used G'MIC 'square to circle alt' from a batch script that has the degrees added using a column made with Libre Office Calc.
I removed some artefacts from ofnuts image. It is semi-transparent.
[Image: 90FrameDrosteAnnimation-OfnutsImageScaled.webp]

I think the Processing images by ofnuts are actually 'Droste'. I made a batch script to automate G'MIC continuous Droste over 90 frames and it looks the same as rotating the whole canvas.

How I do this. Open an image in Gimp. Duplicate the layer to 90 frames. Export with ofnuts export-layers using this in the 'Layer name' - {numUp1:02d}.png. The '02d' is the number of decimal places and because it's only 90 frames its just 2 decimal places. The script I made uses this numbering and applies the continuous Droste command to all frames. To start the folder holds identical images.

G'MIC droste rotate goes from -360 to +360 but I just used the 0 to +360 range. 360 degrees divided by 4 = 90 frames. So I apply an increasing rotation of 4 degrees to all the frames and dump them in a new folder.

I automate it by making a column in calc of 90 cells between 0 and 360 and save. I open a G'MIc command in a text file and duplicate it 90 times. Then open it in Calc and it turns it all into columns. It was a big surprise you can do that. Then copy-in the degrees column you saved, open it with a text editor and save as a shell script. I use Gedit with numbered lines and it has a 'find and replace' that lets you clear ' ,,' . That means compatibility between txt, calc and sh files.
(06-26-2024, 09:42 AM)Tas_mania Wrote: I think the Processing images by ofnuts are actually 'Droste'.
Not really a droste but since it is a log spiral, it is auto-similar.
For those who want to play, the code is here.