Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After 4000 years , nothing is changed...

Sometimes it's shorter, for instance this is a well known Monty Python quote:      
denzjos, indeed, nice comparison!

(08-30-2024, 05:11 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Sometimes it's shorter, for instance this is a well known Monty Python quote:  

What does this mean, can you translate in normal writing? Blush
Patrice
Have to confess, I had to look it up, it is

“Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more
(08-30-2024, 06:51 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Have to confess, I had to look it up, it is

Totally proverbial in this French family... "How about a trip to Scotland? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge?" (shows a picture of Doune castle)
It's now a lot easier to carry the emojis around. Cage     Align     BucketFill
Thanks Rich2005 for transcribing the emoglyphs.
Ofnuts now seeing the video, which puts thing in context, I would say you did forget the "follow me" Big Grin
Patrice
(08-30-2024, 07:29 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(08-30-2024, 06:51 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Have to confess, I had to look it up, it is

Totally proverbial in this French family... "How about a trip to Scotland? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge?" (shows a picture of Doune castle)
Thanks for this video, totally absurd. At the end of the fragment I thought of another absurd Dutch couple (on the right in the picture). They were popular on VPRO in the 1970s and 1990s with absurd comments on everything. Too bad it's in Dutch. I still liked this one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE8R8yN2nSY