Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change colour/style of text over path
Hello,

With help from members here, i have managed to create text over a circular path, using the ofn-text-along-path script from ofnuts. The problem is that the text is outline and, a blue colour. I need the text to be solid and white, as the background is black. I have not managed to find a way to do this, using the script or, otherwise.

Are there any suggestions for what I should be doing to achieve this, no doubt it will be something obvious?

Thank you.
Ofnuts plugin produces a PATH.  If the path is blue then it is inactive. Click on it in the Paths dock to make it active - a red outline.

To make the path into a graphic, make sure you are on a suitable layer, always a good idea to make a new transparent layer just for your rendered text.

For a White fill, set the foreground color to white and use Edit -> Fill path

If you do not want to see the path, toggle the visibility off.
(07-23-2024, 08:18 PM)TargetedIT Wrote: Hello,

With help from members here, i have managed to create text over a circular path, using the ofn-text-along-path script from ofnuts. The problem is that the text is outline and, a blue colour. I need the text to be solid and white, as the background is black. I have not managed to find a way to do this, using the script or, otherwise.

Are there any suggestions for what I should be doing to achieve this, no doubt it will be something obvious?

Thank you.

Path are not pixels. They are an intermediate step towards pixels. When you have a path, you can either
  • "stroke" it, which is equivalent to dragging a brush along the path
  • "fill" it, which is equivalent to obtain a selection from the path and then bucket-filling that selection.