Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating multiple image cell frames
(06-09-2024, 08:44 PM)rich2005 Wrote: That is a better attempt than mine Smile   This using arakne-follow-path (somewhat broken with Gimp 2.10.38) and I had to "adjust" the trail to overlap & mask adjacent layers.

Hello rich2005!

This name arakne seems familiar to me, perhaps having read it in posts on some forum.
But I searched via Help - Plugin-Browser and I didn't find anything with the name arachne in my GIMP.

Yesterday, just before I had to leave, I looked at my GIMP screen again and suddenly a vague idea of how I could animate the bike in a curvy trajectory came to mind. Idea
I didn't know exactly what I was doing but I continued anyway. Finally, I had to manually edit frame by frame to get the gif I posted.

I created the curved trajectory using two TIM plugins. The initial idea was to use either one or the other, but I ended up using both plugins using a mask to get a little of the results from each of them.
The plugins used were: A Double Curve Bende and Stroke Paths With Gradient.

So I created a brush with the image of the motorbike (clipboard image);
I created a path describing the curvilinear trajectory;
I used two Ofnuts plugins:
- Brush strokes on paths and Interleave Layers

With this, the brush (clipbord Image) created copies on the path (trajectory) and these copies were merged with the background of the initial trajectory created with the TIM plugins.

The problem is that the trajectory trail also appeared in front of the bike, so I had to manually remove it frame by frame. 

My goal was to understand how animation could be done with GIMP, I think I had an idea of that at least.
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.

Messages In This Thread
Creating multiple image cell frames - by rinaldop - 06-07-2024, 06:03 PM
RE: Creating multiple image cell frames - by Krikor - 06-10-2024, 12:51 PM