Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export to .ico not working correctly
(03-24-2022, 04:33 PM)rickk Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 02:45 PM)PapaBear1 Wrote: I have merged several layers into one layer, and I'm simply choosing that single, merged layer to export. (Not even trying to do the multi-size thing.)
The resulting file looks like a different layer that I didn't even specify during export. ???

So you had several layers,  merged a few of those into one layer, while leaving other layers unmerged, and you wish to export the merged layer as an independent image?

Have you tried copying the layer you wish to export, pasting that copy "as a new image"...and then exporting that? (just a way to declutter your export source)

I have not done that, but I'm also not fully understanding what you're describing.  Do you mean exporting that one layer to a file (like a .gif? or .png?) and then doing something with that file?  If that is required - it seems like an [unnecessarily] circuitous process - just to take a layer and create an .ico file. I understand .ico files often (should?) have multiple images within them, but it does seem like I should be able to take one layer and say - "...create an .ico from this."  So, I'm still unclear on how to do this.  It shouldn't be this difficult.  ...oh well...  I guess I need more specific steps as a newbie - I'm not getting it still....  sorry --- and thanks for the help!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Export to .ico not working correctly - by PapaBear1 - 03-24-2022, 04:57 PM