Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export to jpg with edits?
Hello,

Is it possible to open a file, modify it, and export the file with changes to a jpg?

When I export the file as a jpg it is the original unmodified version with no changes.

TIA...
I do it all the time using export as.  I have never had changes not hold.  Are you exporting to a different folder?  Do you get the message file exists do you want to replace it?
(07-01-2024, 12:33 AM)geoffpeters Wrote: Hello,

Is it possible to open a file, modify it, and export the file with changes to a jpg?

When I export the file as a jpg it is the original unmodified version with no changes.

TIA...

How exactly are you modifying the file ?  Generally the result is, you-get-what-you-see when exporting a jpeg, but it might involve layers. If you have several layers these are normally flattened on export. If happy with the result, Image -> Flatten Image and then export with a different name to keep the original file safe.

If it involves cropping the image, a very annoying default is in the Crop Tool Options. There is a "Delete cropped pixels" toggle. Turn that on, otherwise your cropped pixels can reapear.
Thanks for the tips. 

Yes, I was severly cropping the image and I was unaware of the option you mention.

i'll give it a try later today.
The "Delete cropped pixels" option did the trick.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.