Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Windows Outage
Smile 
Quote:it looks like that from the 16 to the 18, some where aware?  [Image: biggrin.png]

That's 'insider trading' but hard to detect from charts. Our countries were the first affected while it was night in the EU and America. From the look of it Win home users were not involved because they don't need Azure. Azure is used by big corporate customers, so although MS claims only 1% of Win PCs were affected they were the most important Win PC's.

Big companies will be after compensation but people caught with missed flights will be out of pocket. It's not covered by travel insurance which makes sense - why should insurance cover a failed AV download Smile They once called that the 'domino effect'

Quote:I have read that they recently fired half the QA team
Human error - I recently built a PC and both the case fan and CPU fan were pushing air the wrong way. I was the only one effected and it took a few months to discover my mistake  Smile
(07-21-2024, 08:42 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(07-21-2024, 06:40 AM)PixLab Wrote: Even more, also the trust of the investors as they lost already 20%
And it looks like that from the 16 to the 18, some where aware?  Big Grin

I have read that they recently fired half the QA team, so some shareholders did draw their own conclusions.

Oh Ok... Indeed, that could explain the down curve, thanks for the info Smile
Patrice
New Recovery Tool to help with CrowdStrike issue impacting Windows endpoints :
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/i...-p/4196959
Preliminary Post Incident Review (PIR): Content Configuration Update Impacting the Falcon Sensor and the Windows Operating System (BSOD)

https://www.crowdstrike.com/falcon-conte...dance-hub/
CrowdStrike: "We got your back! Nobody can attack your computer once it has crashed"
Big Grin
Patrice
Didn't notice anything here last weekend. Maybe because I use a 'windows home' computer. And I am on it every day - My ISP head office is in Melbourne if that was the problem.

What time in Australia did it happen Tas? I was at my Volunteer work until about 2.30pm and came on the computer at home about 4pm.

Smile
(07-27-2024, 11:12 AM)sallyanne Wrote: Didn't notice anything here last weekend. Maybe because I use a 'windows home' computer. And I am on it every day - My ISP head office is in Melbourne if that was the problem.

Should not have anything to do with you (or any home/Personal Computers), Crowdstrike is a company renting a software to prevent attack (mostly on server), thus "nothing to do" with Micro$oft as well, as it was an auto-update from CrowdStrike which happened to crash the Windows platform only, where some big companies were using/renting this software on a Micro$oft Windows system.
Patrice
ok, cause I didn't notice it at my volunteer work either (Salvation Army) and there is used a professional computer and I was on their data bases in the morning

Smile
Why would that group need databases and e-commerce if they are marketing an imaginary afterlife?
(07-28-2024, 10:00 AM)Tas_mania Wrote: Why would that group need databases and e-commerce if they are marketing an imaginary afterlife?

To manage volunteers, to assign people to a task, to manage and dispatch goods and helps to the most in need, get money to pay dues, employees, etc..., etc...

We agree or not with these groups about what they believe is not the subject IMO (here), I'm not a believer either but what I see is Sallyanne giving her free time to try to help people as most as she can, which tells a lot about her ➤ Sallyanne is a person with a great huge heart  Heart
Patrice