Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How good are you at guessing colors?
Test is here: https://susam.net/myrgb.html  (only 16 levels per channel) No cheating allowed  Angel
What disturbs me it's the way the hexa is noted and the colors of the sliders...

10 times, yeah that's bad, but the first attempt (number 1) was not far at all, I just inverted the green and blue Big Grin

Patrice
My best score:

I wasn't understanding anything here, but somehow I got somewhere.

After my third attempt - #EE4, I wasted two chances by going in the wrong direction. only to again reach #EE4 on the sixth attempt. So it was a matter of adjustment.    
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
Guys, you're good!

This evening I'll try it again Big Grin
Patrice
(04-02-2024, 04:15 AM)PixLab Wrote: Guys, you're good!

This evening I'll try it again  Big Grin

Once you understand that the yeah/nay answers is in the color you submitted, you can evaluate what channel is a bit over/under represented. And watching the percentage evolution tells you if you are on the right track.
(04-02-2024, 06:45 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Once you understand that the yeah/nay answers is in the color you submitted, you can evaluate what channel is a bit over/under represented. And watching the percentage evolution tells you if you are on the right track.

Indeed, it's what I was trying to do... wrongly Big Grin

But there is hope that I become good
Just 3 tries (first one I got 16, no need to even speak about it Big Grin ):

Second one

Third one ➤ YEAH....

Patrice
(04-01-2024, 12:01 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Test is here: https://susam.net/myrgb.html  (only 16 levels per channel) No cheating allowed  Angel

I wondered if there was a way to cheat on this.  Huh
After some reflection I found that the answer is yes!  Angel

(04-25-2024, 08:17 PM)Krikor Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 12:01 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Test is here: https://susam.net/myrgb.html  (only 16 levels per channel) No cheating allowed  Angel

Plenty of apps to show the RGB value of any pixel on your screen, directly or indirectly. With Gimp only: File  > Create > Screen shot plus pointer dialog, on Linux you probably have xmag already installed.
(04-26-2024, 07:23 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 08:17 PM)Krikor Wrote:

Plenty of apps to show the RGB value of any pixel on your screen, directly or indirectly. With Gimp only: File  > Create > Screen shot plus pointer dialog, on Linux you probably have xmag already installed.

That was the easy part.  Dodgy

But I couldn't understand how to convert the RGB values of the color obtained into something that would give me the solution.  Huh

I thought it was some hexadecimal conversion or some kind of code.
But yesterday, by chance, competing with a friend who did best in three attempts each and talking about it with him (about how to use the RGB value to get the easy answer), suddenly, no more than suddenly the solution came out of nowhere!

This test on this page is really cool and I feel like it helps me somehow think better about colors when I have to color an image.

But I was curious about how it would be possible to cheat the test.
At the time I posted my results here I had already tried unsuccessfully to find out how to get it right the first time with the help of GIMP, and I gave up. But yesterday the answer came so easily that I wondered how I hadn't figured it out sooner.

It's always like this, once we know the answer everything is easy.