Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to restore old yellowed photo
(09-30-2023, 05:07 AM)sallyanne Wrote: very little colour in it apart from grey/black /white.
You will find most coolour photos that are older may have a red tinge or green tinge to them, you can still see some colour underneath the tinge. Levels shows the colours there more. This looks more like a older black and white or sepia photo

It is a colour photo.

Now I upload another photo captured at about the same time in London.  It was download direct from my website without touching.

Before posting my previous post, I have performed following tests:

A. On GIMP
1) Colors -> Curve
adjusting red/green/blue
2) Colors -> Hue-Saturation
Brightness-Contrast
3) Colors -> Curve
etc.

The yellowish color can be removed, some colors, such as grass, trees, etc can be restored. The photos are NOT very sharp after restoration.

B. AI Photo Editor online FREE
The result is worser than editing the photo on GIMP.

According to my recollection . I scanned the yellowish photos on Epson scanner and posted them on my website. Not all photos are so bad, only some of them.

I still have those yellowish photos and their negatives packed and stored on shelves. But it won't be easy for me to find them.

I have full knowledge scanning both photos and their negatives on mobile phone converting them to digital images. I have done them before. The mobile phone was nevigated via PC (Remote Desktop connection). I still have the fixture available.

But I have more than a thousand of photos and their negatives. It would take a long time to finish. Particularly the negatives, there is no marking on them indicating where they were captured.

Those photos were captured in the past when I travelled worldwide.

Suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to restore old yellowed photo - by Ofnuts - 09-29-2023, 11:02 PM
RE: How to restore old yellowed photo - by Stephen Liu - 09-30-2023, 06:05 AM
RE: How to restore old yellowed photo - by david - 09-30-2023, 07:03 AM
RE: How to restore old yellowed photo - by Krikor - 09-30-2023, 08:18 AM
RE: How to restore old yellowed photo - by Krikor - 09-30-2023, 10:57 AM
RE: How to restore old yellowed photo - by Krikor - 09-30-2023, 01:35 PM