Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am a new GIMP user and I have so many questions!
(12-27-2016, 04:48 PM)God Wrote: So the brushes are just used to draw on the canvas? I am kinda confused. why is downloading brushes important then? also you said sigs use backgrounds. How do I get these backgrounds? Do I download them like brushes/fonts or where do I find them? I understand what you meant generally though and thanks for your help!
From what I have seen a sig is mostly made of:
  1. A "render" (aka, main subject), retrieved from the internet (Google images, etc...)
  2. A background, that can be done from scratch but often retrieved from the internet
  3. Some text (font is usually retrieved from the internet too, see dafont.com)
  4. Various artistic additions (clouds, lines, gradients or else, "else" being often added via brushes: splashes, bubbles, lightning, stars...). This part is difficult to describe because this is where the art is. Anyone with bit of technique can slap Boba Fett's helmet and a moody slogan on a galaxy background. But for a canonical sig this would just be the beginning....

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am a new GIMP user and I have so many questions! - by Ofnuts - 12-27-2016, 06:34 PM