Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image layering and blending with background
You just need to copy/paste enough of the muzzle to cover the bone where it must be covered (but copy pasting more than this is fine... (green lines)), and then erase the bits where bone is visible, and here too you can do a rough job in most places, the only place where the cut need to be accurate is where the bone is in contact with the muzzle (red lines)).

I will keep this in mind and give it try when I do other variations. Thank you.
(05-19-2024, 10:47 PM)lpd7 Wrote: Not sure what the correct topic would be so hopefully this is the right group to post the question. 

I am creating a logo, I am using a cartoon image of a bulldog and want to place a large prehistoric bone in its open mouth. What I am trying to achieve is that when I place the bone in the dogs mouth I can bring forward certain features such as teeth, muzzle and such so they are visible while keeping others like tongue and cheeks obscured by the bone.

I have added a photo to illustrate what I am trying to do, its not a cartoon but the idea is the same. When the bone is in the mouth certain features are visible and others are not can I accomplish the same using Gimp?

Thank you.
Hi, yes layer masks are the best way to achieve this as they allow to cover and hide which parts you want using black and white strokes. This is better than using the erase tool or simply changing the opacity as it works non-destructively and you do not alter the original images.