Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importing images in full size
Using 2.10.38 on w11

Hello, I usually open a number of files by drag and drop from a folder. 
When I do all the images open slightly zoomed in. So for every image I have to "ctrl+shift+J" to see the entire image. Very annoying. 
Can anyone help.
I don't have a problem with this workflow ( also window user). A photo 4896px x 3672px is scaled to 18,2% after drag and drop. Small photos are scaled to 100% after drag and drop. The problem when you can't see the full photo after drag and drop is when the windows screen where gimp is activated is not maximised.
@Konrad

I have the same problem, Gimp not maximised (in fact I have the size locked), so the image generally does not fit.
ctrl-shift-J is a pain, less of a pain when the shortcut is reassigned to a single key press - I use F
Did you tried Edit > Preferences > Image Windows > Initial zoom ratio to change it, apply, restart GIMP and do it again to the default if Show the entire image was already selected?
This could force GIMP a writing in the user profile preferences.
And maybe other options in that window to look at

Patrice
(07-03-2024, 01:26 AM)PixLab Wrote: Did you tried Edit > Preferences > Image Windows > Initial zoom ratio to change it, apply, restart GIMP and do it again to the default if Show the entire image was already selected?

Hello and thanks. I didn't understand what you meant by restart GIMP and do it again to the default if Show the entire image was already selected?
It was selected and changing ti 1:1 made it worse (obviously). 

(07-02-2024, 06:09 PM)denzjos Wrote: I don't have a problem with this workflow ( also window user). A photo 4896px x 3672px is scaled to 18,2% after drag and drop. Small photos are scaled to 100% after drag and drop. The problem when you can't see the full photo after drag and drop is when the windows screen where gimp is activated is not maximised.

but it is maximised. I use 4 screens so I have one designated to the program
(07-03-2024, 04:15 PM)Konrad Wrote:
(07-03-2024, 01:26 AM)PixLab Wrote: Did you tried Edit > Preferences > Image Windows > Initial zoom ratio to change it, apply, restart GIMP and do it again to the default if Show the entire image was already selected?

Hello and thanks. I didn't understand what you meant by restart GIMP and do it again to the default if Show the entire image was already selected?
It was selected and changing ti 1:1 made it worse (obviously). 

(07-02-2024, 06:09 PM)denzjos Wrote: I don't have a problem with this workflow ( also window user). A photo 4896px x 3672px is scaled to 18,2% after drag and drop. Small photos are scaled to 100% after drag and drop. The problem when you can't see the full photo after drag and drop is when the windows screen where gimp is activated is not maximised.

but it is maximised. I use 4 screens so I have one designated to the program
I just have one screen (monitor) so I can't test this but how are the 4 screens divided by your applications ? Is GIMP present on the first (main) screen? What is used to (wireless) connect the screens : windows  screen settings ? Have you checked these?