Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with Small Icons and Font Selection Window in GIMP Interface
Hello,

I'm experiencing some issues with the GIMP interface, specifically related to the size of certain icons and the font selection window. Despite adjusting the themes and icon size settings, some icons remain very small and difficult to see. The most problematic area is when I try to change the font; the font selection window appears too small, making it impossible to fully view the names of the fonts.
Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, are there any solutions or workarounds that you could recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

From your previous posts, Windows 11 and what looks like a 4k display.

No real solution until Gimp 3 comes along with support for HD displays but you can try adding a gtkrc file to your Gimp 2.10 User profile. example:

Code:
gtk-theme-name = "Default"
style "user-font"
{
    font_name="Sans 18"
}
widget_class "*" style "user-font"
gtk-icon-sizes = "gtk-menu=30,30"

For ease that attached as a zip. Unzip and put gtkrc into C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\ folder
You can change the values for font / icon size
Does not work or you do not like ? - just delete the file.

Attached Files
.zip   gtkrc.zip (Size: 273 bytes / Downloads: 40)
I roughly added the code from your zip file to line 54 of my gtkrc file. I'm not sure if this is the most efficient method. I'm afraid it will create css conflicts. If you think I should make other changes to avoid this, please let me know.

Otherwise, here is the result attached. It suits me, it's much more balanced. I kept the Dark theme and displayed the fonts on the right of the screen.

I can't send images with this forum anymore. I don't know why.
(08-16-2024, 02:04 PM)Hall Wrote: I roughly added the code from your zip file to line 54 of my gtkrc file. I'm not sure if this is the most efficient method. I'm afraid it will create css conflicts. If you think I should make other changes to avoid this, please let me know.

Otherwise, here is the result attached. It suits me, it's much more balanced. I kept the Dark theme and displayed the fonts on the right of the screen.

As long as it gives a result that is ok. , I did mean add the gtkrc file to your Gimp user profile as:

Quote:I can't send images with this forum anymore. I don't know why.

Yes, others have the same issue, see: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-I-can-no-longer-post
Thanks Rich2005,

added the gtkrc file to my Gimp user profile, then deleted the modifications that I had done in gtkrc file of the dark theme.
All works well  Wink.
aarich2005 rich2005