Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nodes (Point) of Free Selection vanishes after saving to a chanel
When I select an area with Free Select tool by inserting multiple nodes (point), then it is possible to modify the selection area by dragging those nodes after completion the selection process.
But if I save the selection in a chanel, then all nodes become vanished when I reuse the selection from saved chanel. So that it cannot be possible anymore to modify the selection area by dragging nodes.

Though in this situation it is possible to modify the selection area with Quick Mask. But modifying the selection area by dragging nodes is more convenient and perfect.

So please, I request to fix this problem.

That's the way the Free select tool works. The nodes only exists while you create the selection in the tool. Once you commit the selection, and even more so if you save it to a channel, all that is saved is a mask of pixels.

The tool you want to use is the Path tool. This creates paths, that are nodes that can be moved/edited/saved, and one of the use of paths is to create a selection from them (aka "clipping mask" from "clipping path").
(09-07-2024, 10:47 AM)shahriyar.sabit Wrote: When I select an area with Free Select tool by inserting multiple nodes (point), then it is possible to modify the selection area by dragging those nodes after completion the selection process.
But if I save the selection in a chanel, then all nodes become vanished when I reuse the selection from saved chanel. So that it cannot be possible anymore to modify the selection area by dragging nodes.

Just don't hit "Enter" after using the Free Select tool ➤ save directly to Channel, and your nodes will still be there

But if you want to edit later after doing something else not using a selection, I would recommend to save your selection to Channel AND Path, because with the path you will have some nodes that you can move and get back your transformed path to a selection
Patrice