Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open with GIMP
(05-27-2024, 07:18 PM)Krikor Wrote: ...snip...Is there any way to avoid the error screen and open GIMP using the GIMP_EN.exe option, which is the one I use and has all my settings / plugins / scripts?

I do not think your wish is possible (at least not without re-writing that launcher GIMP_EN.exe)

The launcher will set certain variables, for example, GIMP2_DIRECTORY sets the name of the personal GIMP directory. With a portable Gimp that will change. One day it might be in drive F:... or another day drive X:...

The command gimp.exe image.ext will open the image but GIMP_EN.exe does not pass on the parameter, so that does not work.

The only easy way I can see is starting portable Gimp first, then minimise it. Gimp will normally only allow a single instance, so passing an image to gimp.exe (or gimp-2-10.exe they are the same) opens the image in the minimised Gimp, which pops up.

Example using Win Explorer, just so I do not cheat, using the German launcher. https://i.imgur.com/IlStoNF.mp4 A bit quick, I had to cut bits out for imgur.

Messages In This Thread
Open with GIMP - by Krikor - 05-27-2024, 07:18 PM
RE: Open with GIMP - by rich2005 - 05-28-2024, 08:36 AM
RE: Open with GIMP - by Krikor - 05-29-2024, 08:32 PM