Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red dotted line
im having an issue with a red dotted line not disappering. when i do alpha selection it appears. from what ive heard its an active selection, but using ctrl+shift+a does nothing. cant find anything in the path dialog. appreciate all the help i can get!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-26-2024, 12:08 PM)Kanelbulle Wrote: im having an issue with a red dotted line not disappering. when i do alpha selection it appears. from what ive heard its an active selection, but using ctrl+shift+a does nothing. cant find anything in the path dialog. appreciate all the help i can get!

Is it that semi-circular segment shape ? Does not show very well on your screenshot but it is probably a path.
Maybe came from Select -> To path. An active path shows red. (inactive visible path shows blue) Open the paths dock and if there and visible, toggle visibility off.
If you are speaking about that ones

This is not a path nor a selection, those are pixels, plain proper pixels, certainly some remaining border to be exact from a selected shape that was erased, use the Eraser Tool Eraser to delete them
Patrice
If you want to get rid of it - I did it like this.
Select all the solid coloured areas with the magic wand. Including the strip across the top. Then, invert your selection (this should select the whole area in the transparent area including the lines left behind)
Press delete and it will be gone. Select - none and export.

Smile
(08-26-2024, 01:57 PM)PixLab Wrote: If you are speaking about that ones

This is not a path nor a selection, those are pixels, plain proper pixels, certainly some remaining border to be exact from a selected shape that was erased, use the Eraser Tool Eraser  to delete them

Thank this solved the problem!