Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotating a selected part of an image
(04-29-2018, 12:56 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:I selected a part of an image using rectangular select tool. I did shift+R to rotate the selected part. I adjusted parameters in the rotate dialog box appropriately. I chose the selection in tool option. Finally I clicked the rotate button in rotate dialog box. The result is only rotating the marching ant not the image itself. I don't understand.

That did not work because making a selection defines the area of the selection not the contents. Edit -> Copy before rotating. However that might leave a nasty hole in the image.

Quote:To make it work, I did all things above paragraph except I chose the layer in tool option. This time the selected part of the image rotated as I adjusted in the rotate dialog box. However the rotated image is cut off the outside of originally selected area. I don't understand.

Much better, nearly there.
Make the selection then Edit -> Copy Edit -> Paste
That gets a floating selection layer in the layers dialogue.
Layer -> To New layer then Layer -> Layer to image size to prevent the cropping
now rotate it.

First of all, I wanted to make a quote for the reply, but it doesn't work. I don't know why.

On your method, Does this 'Layer -> to new layer' necessary? I can work on the floating layer.

Is there any quicker way to the simple rotation function?

Thanks for the reply. Have a nice day.

Messages In This Thread
RE: rotating a selected part of an image - by gimp-artist - 04-29-2018, 01:23 PM