Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Select Brush Shape
I can't change the brush shape. When I click on the shapes buttons in the editor nothing happens. I'm stuck on circle. I am running Gimp 2.10 on Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon. I have attached a screen shot. Help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You cannot change default brushes in editor unless you first duplicate them. You should have many different default brushes in your new gimp already and you can change the size of each, spacing, angle etc in the tool options.

Smile
Indeed Sallyanne is right, and there is no button straight out of the box in these 2 dialogs to duplicate a brush as well.

To duplicate a brush to be able to edit it, you need to go to the brush dialog (Windows > Dockable dialogs > Brush), then here you can duplicate it then edit your duplicate.

Patrice
(07-13-2024, 04:54 AM)PixLab Wrote: Indeed Sallyanne is right, and there is no button straight out of the box in these 2 dialogs to duplicate a brush as well.

To duplicate a brush to be able to edit it, you need to go to the brush dialog (Windows > Dockable dialogs > Brush), then here you can duplicate it then edit your duplicate.

Thank you both. This is just what I needed.