Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Tool Windows Missing
(09-01-2024, 07:46 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(08-31-2024, 10:26 PM)SteveH Wrote: System information:  GIMP 2.10.38.  Windows 11 23H2
...snip...When using certain tools in the Toolbox (Levels and Curves for example), the tool window does not open so I have to use the menu to open the tool instead.  When using other tools that do not require a tool window (Crop and various selects, for example), they work just fine.

A bit of testing here. Enabling Curves and Levels in the Toolbox does not bring up the dialog when clicked. You need to click in the canvas to bring the dialog up. Much the same as when you forget to change tools, click and get curves if that was the last used and is still active.

Quote:...manual editing included customizing the Toolbox by adding a new tool group and moving the tools that I use out of their old groups and into the new group.....I am still not getting a tool window for Levels and Curves in the Toolbox.

Are they visible in Edit -> Preferences -> Toolbox -> Tool Configuration (the icons)  Making a new tool group works for me. The Tool Group has its own drop down menu but then same as before, after choosing the tool, click on the canvas to bring up the dialog.  I did check with a Gimp 2.8.22 and it is the same there, no new behaviour that I see, but if you want it changed put a request in to the Gimp developers https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues

Maybe another way is assign a key shortcut

This a very quick animation of that, 40 second so do not blink. https://i.imgur.com/WDdrH2A.mp4
1. As separate icons in the toolbox
2. As a new group
3 A shortcut set for levels (F5 was set)

Rich,

Thanks for the reply.  I tested again on the "test" computer and got the same behavior with Levels.  On both computers, I had to click in the canvas to see the Levels window. This all makes sense now because with Crop and various selects, I am ALREADY clicking in the canvas when using the tool.

Steve

Messages In This Thread
Some Tool Windows Missing - by SteveH - 08-31-2024, 10:26 PM
RE: Some Tool Windows Missing - by Ofnuts - 09-01-2024, 07:20 AM
RE: Some Tool Windows Missing - by rich2005 - 09-01-2024, 07:46 AM
RE: Some Tool Windows Missing - by SteveH - 09-01-2024, 05:58 PM