Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stain removal suggestions needed
still adjusting...

(04-08-2024, 09:40 AM)denzjos Wrote: still adjusting...

Nice work @denzjos!
Although you might want to put back the part of the green halter, because now it looks like it's getting out of its head  Big Grin

Patrice
(04-08-2024, 12:18 PM)PixLab Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 09:40 AM)denzjos Wrote: still adjusting...

Nice work @denzjos!
Although you might want to put back the part of the green halter, because now it looks like it's getting out of its head  Big Grin
As I mentioned, still adjusting  Wink
(04-07-2024, 04:07 PM)denzjos Wrote: After some boring time I got this (not pefect yet) :

A lot farther along than I am. Looking great! Following your suggestions I'm getting closer. Lots of trial and error but I'll not give up if it takes me months. The little girl, ( my niece ), in the picture will turn 55 this fall. Sure would be nice to gift her with a framed print of this.
(04-09-2024, 01:55 AM)Danbor Wrote:
(04-07-2024, 04:07 PM)denzjos Wrote: After some boring time I got this (not pefect yet) :

A lot farther along than I am. Looking great! Following your suggestions I'm getting closer. Lots of trial and error but I'll not give up if it takes me months. The little girl, ( my niece ), in the picture will turn 55 this fall. Sure would be nice to gift her with a framed print of this.

Thanks for the reply. That's nice to hear that you 'not give up'. Good luck, and If you get stuck, just ask for help.
I'm one of those people that learn best by trial and error. Giving up has never been something I'm good at. Been more than a few times over the years that giving up would have been the better option in hindsight. Big Grin Not this case, but it has happened.
Of course, trial and error usually works better with helpful tips along the way. So my thanks to those helping me.
I'm getting closer, but I don't have a clue how to fix those trees though!
The best way to do this is to reconstruct the trees. Take the color with the pencil from the tree on the left (shift click) and paint with something like Bristles 02 with the Dynamics 'Fade Tapering'. Use different green colors and when you are happy, blur the result a bit (Filters / Blur / Gaussian Blur). Be an artist!  An easy way is to search for a similar tree in the internet and paste it on the photo. I did the first way.

Maybe you noticed that too: there are a few things that disturb the photo: the rigged dots of the photo surface and the white dots from wear and tear. The rigged dots can be repaired with G'Mic-Qt / Repair / Descreen and the white dots with G'Mic-Qt / Repair / Despeckle. 
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-remove...=despeckle

Hi all. I have a rather long winded question about removing the stains from this image. Probably because I don't know the correct terminology, so please bear with me while I clarify what I'm trying to ask.
   Ok, so a computer doesn't "see color" per se. Each pixel is displayed based on various "data bits" that have been assigned to it. These "data bits" are what the various tools and plugins manipulate to alter what is displayed on any given selection on screen.
   Now, and as I know there a lot of folks way smarter and learned about Gimp than I, so surely it's been thought of and solved already, I just don't know how to do it, is my question.
   In this image, I want to select a small area of the sky, adjacent to an area of the sky that is stained. Store all the various "data bits" that define that selection.
   Then, select an area of the sky that is in the stained area and store all of those defining "data bits". 
   We know the stained area is supposed to have all the attributes of the unstained area. It follows then, that whatever "data bits" from the stained selection differ from the "data bits" in the unstained selection represent the stain on the entire image. ( Assuming the stain itself is uniform ).
    Surely there is a way in Gimp to compare the two selections, determine what those "stain bits" are, and remove the "stain bits" from the entire stained area.
   Yes? No? Am I understanding the procedure wrongly?
Normally you could use heal selection for this but as it only gives you the option of sides and not left or right you cannot. Maybe clone a small area first then heal the selection by sides and it will fill in the area you want filled in.

.... Surely there is a way in Gimp to compare the two selections, determine what those "stain bits" are, and remove the "stain bits" from the entire stained area.
Yes? No? Am I understanding the procedure wrongly?

Your eyes and gimp's levels are your best bet. You need to get the extra red out of the picture. Levels - auto input levels will do that. There looks to be a yellow stain over a lot of it too I tried that with blue levels and it wont get rid of it. So you may have to recolour it - colourize or clone from other parts.

Smile