Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Result that might be related to Color Profiles
Comments herein caused me to think that I needed  to confirm some of my assertions.  I have my cameras set to produce only raw files.  Therefore, I'm lacking both data and experience working with jpg files that are produced by cameras.  The jpg files I was able to check came from files obtained from others.

I also use Canon cameras.  One is the Canon EOS Rebel T8i (also called a 750D).  I went and changed the settings so as to produce both raw and jpg files and took an experimental photo.  The result shows that I was wrong when I said, "Raw files do contain color profiles ...".  At least for this experiment, there is NO "ICC Color Profile" included in the metadata for either the raw or jpg file.  On the other hand, there is an enormous amount of metadata lots of which pertains to color.

Looks like I need to further investigate the meaning and purpose of ICC Color Profiles.  However, I'm NOT optimistic that such will produce an explanation for the result that motivated this post.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strange Result that might be related to Color Profiles - by ajax - 05-31-2024, 02:40 PM