Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utube Works Best On Chrome - Is That A Surprise?
(09-23-2024, 11:02 PM)Tas_mania Wrote: I'm glad Starlink solved your problem Patrice, I remember when you changed. It would be good if you clicked Speedtest.net 
so Rich and I can compare it with our wireless broadband Smile 

I stopped with speedtest.net, it is not consistent and has very strange result depending the test server, speedtest.net also insist to connect me to Manila or suburb, when I'm passing by ground-stations in New-Zealand, Japan, whatnot country, I think their system is not good for satellite...

Anyway, here is one with speedtest.net , although I have one screenshot at 5Mbps which is ridiculous, the test server was in Quezon City near Manila ➤ this 5mbps screenshot I'll keep it, it's just laughable  Big Grin

(09-23-2024, 11:02 PM)Tas_mania Wrote: Starlink avoids local 'peak' slow downs because their satellites are spread out (the constellation) and moving. There is good info on Starlink here.
I guess when satellites fail they are replaced by another batch.

SpaceX is sending around 2 Falcon-9 per week just for Starlink, each fly is a batch of ~20 satellites, that's why they are pushing the FAA with the Starship, each batch will be around 200 satellites of the latest generation (bigger satellites)

(09-23-2024, 11:02 PM)Tas_mania Wrote: Starlink is more expensive than my ''unlimited'' broadband Big Grin
'Residential Starlink plans in Australia cost $139 per month for unlimited data. However, you'll need to buy or rent hardware to access the services. Your options include: Paying $599 upfront or $299 for refurbished hardware'.

Woowww I'm literally shocked with this price, here we pay 2700 PHP per month (Philippine's peso), which is as of today's change on google ➤ 48.21 United States Dollar, or 43.36 Euro, for unlimited data and up to 200 Mbps (average is between 160 and 180 Mbps)

Also even if my "dish" (it's furnished with router and wiring) I did paid 28000 PHP (499.73 USD), as I was one of the first in this country, this beginning of 2024 it decrease to 19000 PHP (339.02 USD), and it even got a promo end of August and this September at 14000 PHP (249.76 USD)  Big Grin

(09-23-2024, 11:02 PM)Tas_mania Wrote: A 3-phase diesel generator. It's quiet and could power-up a house easily. I think it could be re-fueled while running. The issue was so many damaged power lines at once.

All diesel can be refueled while running  Wink
How this happened? A typhoon?
Patrice

Messages In This Thread
RE: Utube Works Best On Chrome - Is That A Surprise? - by PixLab - Yesterday, 08:30 AM