Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vertical distortion of an image to a datum (=seismic horizon flattening of an image)
(05-07-2020, 09:30 AM)denzjos Wrote: I wonder if that can be done with a morphing plugin : morphing the image to one (or more parallel lines) , just a thought....

No, morphing doesn't work

But it is always difficult to find the right software to straighten pictures. As in this case, it is different to straighten horizons where one have to calculate new pixels, here one just have to shift columns of pixels up or down. Let's suppose one keep a reference line in mind on the middle of the drawing. In this picture there is a yellow line that one can isolate. Then one can get the x- and y-coordinates from the pixels from that line. If one compares this coordinates with the horizontal line, one get positive, negative and zero values. It can't be such a job to shift the columns up/down/let them to transform the picture to straight lines. It's just a pixel shift job in a loop. Maybe this can be done with the help of layers as Ofnuts mentioned. Such a script / plugin would also be very useful to straighten distorted scanned pages from books, even correct horizons on photos,  etc..
In my younger days far away a would program this in compiled quick basic, but in this days that's antique. I think, as I see gimp developing, there will be such a kind of plugin / script in the future.  So Tor, no solution from my side.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vertical distortion of an image to a datum (=seismic horizon flattening of an image) - by denzjos - 05-07-2020, 05:31 PM