Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help creating a texture.
(07-17-2024, 11:10 PM)sallyanne Wrote: Think I nearly have it.
Using your picture to start with 
1. I color to alpha it to get rid of the white background.
2. Right click on alpha to selection. So only the number was treated.
3. Opened up GMIC and used 'Hair Locks'. Found under Rendering.
4. Then used ML Bevel reflect - in the dialog that opens. Put smoothing 1, Round 2 Depth 20
    Normal Map.
5. Unfortunately this will color the whole layer so if you don't want the background colored - select outer  area with the fuzzy select tool - and cut, then export

This is perfect! Thank you!

(07-18-2024, 11:21 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(07-17-2024, 09:49 PM)GamingBotanist Wrote: From the preview it seems I have the wrong selection.  

I do not really know what you require, I am not really into games graphics, I sometimes dabble in 3D

I see from your screenshot that you have a  transparent background. If you want to retain that, use the alpha lock (top of the layers dock) in place of the selection. 
Then as with everything the result depends on what goes in. It is a bit like a bump map where White is up, Black is down and greys will round the result.

So I did give this a little blur before MLBevel

...and not much difference to Filters -> Generic -> Normal Map

I got it now. Thank you so much for your help with this. I've asked for help on forums before but I've never gotten so much attention. You all are great. Thank you again!
My quick try : make a center path, make a circle pencil and stroke the path. Make a copy from the result and desaturate for use as a bump map. Then use the bump map plugin and blur the result. Not perfect but it's just a hint.