Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
colour to alpha eroding picture's opacity
(09-29-2021, 08:10 AM)meetdilip Wrote: Yes, dragging with fuzzy select + Draw mask gave me this. Almost 100% good

Let's try to remove that "Almost" Big Grin

I feel that this image was made with a Bézier curve/path, on the original image edges are smooth, but selection pixelate those smooth edges.

There are many ways to smooth them back:
- Median blur on mask
- Save a selection to path and use that path as a new selection (because it's a smooth selection)
- etc..  @rich2005 and @Ofnuts gave you already other options as well

I'll just add one more
For this example I took your #3 post's image and use the "Value propagate" tool, just for you to have another option (and I feel it's a way underrated tool  Big Grin )

> Right click on layer > Alpha to selection
> Select > To path (path are sub pixels, so we do need to get that smoothness sub pixel)
> Select > None
> Path tab > Path > To selection
> add a mask > from selection
> Select > None
(Your mask in the layer stack should be selected by default, but make sure it is selected as we will apply that filter/tool below on the mask)
> Filters > Distorts > Value propagate In the drop-down list mode select "More black (smaller value)"

Below is the split view of before and after/during the filter on a black background (an unforgiving BG for this exercise, which shows best what can be achieved Wink )

Tip: Once you've click OK, just Ctrl+F if you need to propagate 1 more pixel and so

Messages In This Thread
RE: colour to alpha eroding picture's opacity - by PixLab - 09-30-2021, 09:00 AM