Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
various small issues with gimp 2.99
Question 
1. i'm pretty sure this is a recent change, too:
when i'm checking various layers, the yellow-black striped outline around the layers doesn't update to reflect the one i've selected until i do something to that layer, such as click on the canvas with any tool
is this a bug? it's a downgrade - not being able to tell if you successfully switched to the layer you wanted so it certainly seems like a bug

2. this next one i think was an old change, but i can't move the viewport while holding a selection box handle anymore. why? this was so useful to get precise measurements across large distances in gimp 2.10

3. also, fonts are partially busted in the flatpak version. i cannot make text bold or italic, the toggle button is there and i can turn it on and off but it doesn't do anything
(09-09-2023, 03:19 AM)akirapink Wrote: 1. i'm pretty sure this is a recent change, too:
when i'm checking various layers, the yellow-black striped outline around the layers doesn't update to reflect the one i've selected until i do something to that layer, such as click on the canvas with any tool
is this a bug? it's a downgrade - not being able to tell if you successfully switched to the layer you wanted so it certainly seems like a bug

2. this next one i think was an old change, but i can't move the viewport while holding a selection box handle anymore. why? this was so useful to get precise measurements across large distances in gimp 2.10

3. also, fonts are partially busted in the flatpak version. i cannot make text bold or italic, the toggle button is there and i can turn it on and off but it doesn't do anything

No point reporting problems here, because Gimp devs don't roam this forum that much. If you want to report problems, do so there.
Jehan fixed #1 fairly recently and it'll be in the next release (possibly the 3.0 release candidate if things go well): https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/co...faaa3b464b
(09-09-2023, 06:47 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: No point reporting problems here, because Gimp devs don't roam this forum that much. If you want to report problems, do so there.

thanks, and sorry!