Gimp-Forum.net
How to batch process the G'MIC-Qt plugin for GIMP 2.10 using BIMP? - Printable Version

+- Gimp-Forum.net (https://www.gimp-forum.net)
+-- Forum: GIMP (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-GIMP)
+--- Forum: Extending the GIMP (https://www.gimp-forum.net/Forum-Extending-the-GIMP)
+--- Thread: How to batch process the G'MIC-Qt plugin for GIMP 2.10 using BIMP? (/Thread-How-to-batch-process-the-G-MIC-Qt-plugin-for-GIMP-2-10-using-BIMP)

How to batch process the G'MIC-Qt plugin for GIMP 2.10 using BIMP? - fbg - 07-21-2024

For individual files, processing by the G'MIC-Qt plugin for GIMP 2.10 with the Smooth [Antialias] filter works fine. When I try to do the same for a group of files using BIMP, I cannot find the corresponding GIMP procedure in the list of transformations. How to batch process the G'MIC-Qt plugin for GIMP 2.10 using BIMP? Or maybe there is another way to perform the desired conversion?

RE: How to batch process the G'MIC-Qt plugin for GIMP 2.10 using BIMP? - Ofnuts - 07-21-2024

Please post in English, use Google Translate if necessary.

To answer the question, GMIC can be used directly by itself from a command line, so you can write a command line script (.BAT or else) that pass the files to GMIC.

RE: How to batch process the G'MIC-Qt plugin for GIMP 2.10 using BIMP? - fbg - 07-21-2024

Should I compose a script to process one file and insert it into batch processing in BIMP? Or should the script be compiled to batch process all files (without using BIMP)?

RE: How to batch process the G'MIC-Qt plugin for GIMP 2.10 using BIMP? - Ofnuts - 07-21-2024

(07-21-2024, 03:49 PM)fbg Wrote: Should I compose a script to process one file and insert it into batch processing in BIMP? Or should the script be compiled to batch process all files (without using BIMP)?

You figure out the GMIC command to process one file from a command line, and then you insert in it in a .BAT/Shell script inside a loop.

RE: How to batch process the G'MIC-Qt plugin for GIMP 2.10 using BIMP? - fbg - 07-21-2024

Where can I see the manual for creating such a script and command parameters?

RE: How to batch process the G'MIC-Qt plugin for GIMP 2.10 using BIMP? - rich2005 - 07-21-2024

(07-21-2024, 03:49 PM)fbg Wrote: Should I compose a script to process one file and insert it into batch processing in BIMP?

You can do that, attached the one I use for BIMP. Unzip, put for_bimp.py in your plugins folder and edit as required.
---------------
Not absolutely necessary since gmic is a plugin that takes a string.

[attachment=12162]

Copy the gmic command to clipboard. (1)   It will look something like (2)  
In BIMP use 'Other GIMP procedure' Search for gmic, and enter the gmic command. (3)
Put the value 1 in as input (4)

(note You can enter more that one gmic command in the string)

Quote:Or should the script be compiled to batch process all files (without using BIMP)? 
Only if all else fails Wink

Everything worked out! Thank you!