Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying my hand at Processing, the "Logo" for grown-ups
[Image: 2PJGxEY90layersScaled.webp]

I used G'MIC 'square to circle alt' from a batch script that has the degrees added using a column made with Libre Office Calc.
I removed some artefacts from ofnuts image. It is semi-transparent.
[Image: 90FrameDrosteAnnimation-OfnutsImageScaled.webp]

I think the Processing images by ofnuts are actually 'Droste'. I made a batch script to automate G'MIC continuous Droste over 90 frames and it looks the same as rotating the whole canvas.

How I do this. Open an image in Gimp. Duplicate the layer to 90 frames. Export with ofnuts export-layers using this in the 'Layer name' - {numUp1:02d}.png. The '02d' is the number of decimal places and because it's only 90 frames its just 2 decimal places. The script I made uses this numbering and applies the continuous Droste command to all frames. To start the folder holds identical images.

G'MIC droste rotate goes from -360 to +360 but I just used the 0 to +360 range. 360 degrees divided by 4 = 90 frames. So I apply an increasing rotation of 4 degrees to all the frames and dump them in a new folder.

I automate it by making a column in calc of 90 cells between 0 and 360 and save. I open a G'MIc command in a text file and duplicate it 90 times. Then open it in Calc and it turns it all into columns. It was a big surprise you can do that. Then copy-in the degrees column you saved, open it with a text editor and save as a shell script. I use Gedit with numbered lines and it has a 'find and replace' that lets you clear ' ,,' . That means compatibility between txt, calc and sh files.
(06-26-2024, 09:42 AM)Tas_mania Wrote: I think the Processing images by ofnuts are actually 'Droste'.
Not really a droste but since it is a log spiral, it is auto-similar.
For those who want to play, the code is here.

Still binge-coding

This is a still shot, in practice there is a blackhole-cum-vortex effect in the center that makes the whole thing quite trippy. May make a short MP4 out of this someday.

PS: MP4 is here.
Developing an obsession with rolling wheels

Animated versions:
(Yesterday, 12:34 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Developing an obsession with rolling wheels

Animated versions:

I never thought Ofnuts would do a wheelie : nice!
Quote:I never thought Ofnuts would do a wheelie : nice!

I never thought ofnuts did art.

The wheels animation is accurate, the outer wheels travel faster and the smaller diameter ones also travel faster than the bigger wheels. Congratulations.
(Yesterday, 11:15 PM)Tas_mania Wrote:
Quote:I never thought Ofnuts would do a wheelie : nice!

I never thought ofnuts did art.

The wheels animation is accurate, the outer wheels travel faster and the smaller diameter ones also travel faster than the bigger wheels. Congratulations.

This one isn't very artsy, it quite technical. If you want art, check the DriftingSquares, that is a randomly generated fish tank of slowly drifting squares, very organic. But since it's random and big I can't make an animation. Looks like this but each  square it slowing drifting and spinning at its own rate, and there are random perturbations to the flow:

(this said, installing Processing on your machine and playing the code is fairly easy if you want to try, plus maybe you will hack your own version and learn programming in the process)