Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error Upon *Second* Use of Heal Selection
Windows 11
GIMP version 2.10.38
Resyntheszier Package is installed in the plug-ins folder: C:\Users\PC\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins.

Running heal selection the first time works fine.
The second time I run it produces the following errors:

and

Any ideas how to fix/debug this?
Thanks!
Try again: I tried to post screen shots with the error messages.
The two errors are:
GIMP MESSAGE: Calling error for procedure 'plug-in-resynthesizer':
The texture source is empty. Does any selection include non-transparent pixels?

and

An error occurred running python_fu_heal_selection
RuntimeError: The texture source is empty. Does any selection include non-transparent pixels?

MORE INFORMATION in the 2nd error message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\python/gimpfu.py", line 741, in response
dialog.res = run_script(params)
File "C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\python/gimpfu.py", line 362, in run_script
return apply(function, params)
File "C:\Users\PC\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins\plugin-heal-selection.py", line 148, in heal_selection
pdb.plug_in_resynthesizer(timg, tdrawable, 0,0, useBorder, work_drawable.ID, -1, -1, 0.0, 0.117, 16, 500)
RuntimeError: The texture source is empty. Does any selection include non-transparent pixels?
First, because image in base64 won't work and it annoyed me to create a html file for an img src... (or just copy/past in a new tab, but I was only at my second coffee Wink )
➤ how to upload image > https://www.gimp-forum.net/misc.php?action=help&hid=11

More seriously, now your question Big Grin
This is not a "bug" if I can say that.

I did a test, as you can see below I made a transparent area, then did an "Alpha to Selection", thus selecting all the opaque except the transparent inside and got the same error

when you launched the heal selection the second time, maybe your selection got "inverted", making the "Content Sampling Width" off?
If not, please show us your image

Patrice
@Shabs.lists

For posting screenshots read that link that PicLab provided for uploading images.

It is also better if you post an image of Gimp to include the layer dock and tool options. The fault is often somewhere in the layers.

You can use Gimp to make your screenshot. Not as convenient as pressing the PrtSc key but all good practise.

Might go like this 40 second animation: https://i.imgur.com/GnJ1KQh.mp4
Photo 
For example: In the attached image, for example, there is a blackish smudge on her left hand. When I try to delete the smudge with Heal Selection, I get the above mentioned errors, namely:
GIMP MESSAGE: Calling error for procedure 'plug-in-resynthesizer':
The texture source is empty. Does any selection include non-transparent pixels?

and

An error occurred running python_fu_heal_selection

Attached Files Image(s)

Well, still no screenshot of your gimp setup - layers etc.

That is a small image, but with a single layer it would go like this

30 seconds. https://i.imgur.com/zprBBYd.mp4
If in your selection settings, there is the "Feather edges" option active ... it won't work.
Disable that option and it will work.
(08-12-2024, 01:27 PM)MrsP-from-C Wrote: If in your selection settings, there is the "Feather edges" option active ... it won't work.
Disable that option and it will work.

I just tried w/o feather edges of the selection and both worked just fine

EDIT: Wow... I did it again but with a large feather edge ➤ @MrsP-from-C thumb-up, You might have got something here If the feather edges is large it will produce that error

EDIT2: definitively MrsP-from-C did put the finger on it, if the feather edge is larger than the half of the "Context sampling width" it will produce an error

For instance if context sampling is 50, the feather is 27 should not be larger than 25/26 or you got the error

Below the very same selection, but I increased the Context sampling to 60 for the feather edge 27 to be below 30 (half of the context sampling) and it worked

All these numbers might be relative, though, but you got the idea, if an error occurs ➤ increase the context sampling width to be more than twice the feather edge of the selection, or reduce the feather edge of the selection to be less than half the number in the context sampling width.
Patrice