Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed, How to put a circular border around a image
Hi I need to know how to put a circular border in black around a image to enable it to be cut out with scissors. The image must be perfectly centred with the border.
(09-29-2024, 11:00 AM)Clueless Wrote: Hi I need to know how to put a circular border in black around a image to enable it to be cut out with scissors. The image must be perfectly centred with the border.

If the image is square, then set center-line guides using Image -> Guides -> horizontal (and vertical) by percentage (50%)
If not square, click and drag from a ruler and set the guide where you want the center of the circle.

Choose the Elliptical select tool and in the tool options make sure the settings are Expand from center = enabled / Aspect Ratio = fixed and enabled / the aspect ratio = 1:1 

1. Click in the canvas on the guides intersection and drag the selection out to create a circle.
2. Edit -> Stroke Selection and in the Stroke dialogue set the width to 2 x the required line size. if you want 10 pixels set 20 pixels. Then click on stroke to paint the line.
3. Select -> Invert then Edit -> Cut 
4. Select -> None 

A 50 second animation of that. https://i.imgur.com/sy2RmVs.mp4

If you have excess image remaining, tidy up with Image -> Crop to Content
Thank you very much again.