Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T-Shirt Design and best ways to approach projects using applications
So I have some experience in Gimp and have designed over (100 ) designs, mainly simple text, although I am still very much so a beginner.
I have very little experience with designing in Inkscape but it appears pretty straight forward.

Here's the situation:
I have a design that was designed in Gimp, which contains a high resolution full color image as well as a text font I used from Gimp.
My dilemma is I want vector quality text but i dont want to vectorize the entire design, as that will change the aesthetic of the image which I want to remain realistic looking.

I am not certain how to go about using Gimp and Inkscape in combination in this case with one another.  Should the text from Inkscape be imported into Gimp or vice versa?

Also, if I take a vectorized image and output it to .png wouldn't the quality be compromised?

When its finalized I need to produce a .png file for use with Merch by Amazon.

Again, the goal is to get the crisp vector text and maintain the image quality and design I currently have in Gimp.

Sorry for the long post.

Messages In This Thread
T-Shirt Design and best ways to approach projects using applications - by getsignups - 10-17-2019, 05:17 PM