Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T-Shirt Design and best ways to approach projects using applications
The spec from 'Merch by Amazon' is given as we require designs to match our exact requirements: 15x18in, 300DPI, transparent background, PNG, and no more than 25MB in size. Nothing extreme there.

Quote: have a design that was designed in Gimp, which contains a high resolution full color image as well as a text font I used from Gimp.

As Blighty wrote, It ends up as a bitmap. So if you can complete the design with Gimp, use Gimp. You know how Gimp works, Inkscape works in different ways.

If you need to use Inkscape, you can import the image from Gimp as a bitmap and leave as a bitmap. No point converting to a vector, vectors are best for simpler solid shapes.

For text. Although text handling is different in use, when rendered as a png Gimp and Inkscape use the same library files for conversion - the end result is the same.

Edit: Using my netbook so something simple.

[Image: JB4YU2S.jpg]

Inkscape can work in 'real-world' units so set up as 15" x 18" Only 2 'objects' the bitmap from Gimp and some deformed text.

Then exported to a png at 300 ppi to give the size in pixels. The png has a transparent background.

As a note you can do that in Gimp. There are plus's & minuses either way. (and that is me done for the day Wink )

Messages In This Thread
RE: T-Shirt Design and best ways to approach projects using applications - by rich2005 - 10-17-2019, 07:25 PM