Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue W/ Path Quality
Hey All --

I am trying to take a vector .svg and make a simple .gif animation (with a transparent background) out of it in Gimp (attached). As you can see, the lines are quite jagged. I'm not sure why this is as the original .svg is quite smooth when viewed in an illustrator program. My process is as follows:

The attached gif is 4 frames, with each frame associated with a layer in Gimp. I imported each .svg as a set of paths to an active layer using the path dialogue box. For instance, frame 1 of the gif is the first layer with the paths imported into Gimp and then filled with white (using the "edit path" tool). Frame 2 is the second layer, with paths imported into Gimp, duplicative paths deleted, and the remaining path (the first light beam in this case) filled with white. Etc.

I only have a very surface-level understanding of this stuff, so I'm probably making a mistake somewhere along the way. But since this image is made up of paths that are quite smooth, I'm not sure why the final product is displaying as so jagged.

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Issue W/ Path Quality - by gi3892564 - 05-06-2021, 04:00 AM
RE: Issue W/ Path Quality - by rich2005 - 05-06-2021, 10:14 AM
RE: Issue W/ Path Quality - by Ofnuts - 05-06-2021, 12:13 PM
RE: Issue W/ Path Quality - by gi3892564 - 05-07-2021, 10:43 PM