Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting weird pixel artifacts when using animated brushes
(09-19-2021, 11:29 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 10:34 AM)Jan Thümmler Wrote: [EDIT: I found a somewhat satisfying solution, thanks to your suggestion about using the regular brush, thanks a bunch!]

Can you please tell us more about this solution?
I got a kind of same problem with with my "on the fly" brush (Select/Copy, then use the "Image clipboard" brush), is it about number of pixels or size? or something else?
I'm very curious about your solution even if it a quoted "solution"

Well, I just created several normal brushes with just one image as the base and then mix them together to get the variety I want. Works most of the time (sometimes I still get artifacts, seems to be depending on the base image. Weird stuff, it would be so awesome if i could just scatter multiple images all over the place.

(09-19-2021, 11:29 AM)rich2005 Wrote: As long as you get some solution that works with your images.

Just a note, stole some of your apples, this a comparison between a RGB gih brush and the same as a grayscale gih. No artifacts with the grayscale brush. Obviously not much use for apples but might come in handy sometime.

OK interesting. I still have much to learn about GIMP ^^

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting weird pixel artifacts when using animated brushes - by Jan Thümmler - 09-19-2021, 01:51 PM