Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color management - How to identify saved color in TIFF
Somehow I still do not understand how colors are processed inside GIMP. Let me explain my question on one example.

I run into 'easy' task to identify color in TIFF file. Each application I used shows different values. To identify what is going on I made simple test scenario. In Corel Draw created simple image with 2 colors (CMYK: 85/30/0/100, Pantone 186C). Exported this image to TIFF and opened it in:

GIMP - 0/0/0/100 and 0/100/88/11 respectively.
CorelPhotoPaint - 85/30/0/100 and 2/100/88/9 respectively.

I have read (here) about checking color profile, and there is set relative colorimetry, CMYK profile: None.

My question is: What colors are inside the TIFF? How should I understand the different values in different programs? For now please ignore different 'render' on the same screen, which initially triggered my curiosity, but I understand this is related to CMYK - RGB conversion where much more elements are included and more or less no standard exists, but was thinking that value inside TIFF is the same regardless of used program. Or not?

GIMP is version 2.10.24

I added pictures to google drive, there are 3 pictures showing eyepicker tool and corresponding colors (visual representation of the above text).

Thank you for explanation

Messages In This Thread
Color management - How to identify saved color in TIFF - by IcePlanet - 03-10-2022, 06:42 PM