Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export to .ico not working correctly
(03-24-2022, 08:21 PM)rickk Wrote:
(03-24-2022, 05:55 PM)PapaBear1 Wrote: So - I guess - you basically CANNOT create an .ico file directly from the GIMP file that you have done the work in.  It seems you have to create some *other* file and then use THAT to create the .ico file.  Strange, and inconvenient - especially considering that when I used .tiff - it THEN let me choose the layers to export.  Why not just provide that right from the Gimp file?  I admit I'm new, but wow - this seems difficult, inconvenient, non-intuitive, and confusing.  Thank you for your advice - it has led me to a working process - but good grief - this seems circuitous!  Thanks again!

I just noticed  that with a multi layered gif file, I can turn visibility off for a layer, and then export the file and have only the visible layers shown in the exported image.

But, I've never done it that way.  I'm kind of a knuckledragger in that regard, I'm more than willing  to invest a couple extra mouse clicks to force an application to heed to my wishes.

So, I guess  what you consider to be "difficult, inconvenient, and confusing"...I find to be "reassuring"?  Wink

Eliminate ALL potential outcomes other  than the one I desire.

Hope all works out to your satisfaction.

Interesting - for the .gif files eh?  I (rather arbitrarily) used .tiff - only because I happened to notice that it had the option of including layers.  I did experiment with trying to create what I wanted during export to .tiff - by turning OFF the layers. That too appeared to only include what was visible - so for now, I'm thinking I'll do that - since that will also help me avoid having to create *another* gimp file - that has only the desired [single] layer.  (But this does beg the question - if one can send only visible layers to .gif and to .tiff - why not .ico? I just don't see the reason for forcing the extra steps of creating some other file, opening that file, and then exporting again to an .ico...)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Export to .ico not working correctly - by PapaBear1 - 03-24-2022, 08:31 PM