Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color Picker outside the Gimp Window?
(07-17-2020, 02:54 PM)Finn Jierdon Wrote: Hi, I'm new here and just installed Gimp 2.10.20. I used PS for years...

I like what i see and want to transfer to Gimp. But I ran into a problem now: How can I use the color picker outside of the Gimp window, eg to pick an  original color from my web browser to get it as a foreground color or its hexcode? I couldn't solve the problem with YT tutorials. So I try, if maybe someone in this forum hopefully knows an answer. 

Ok, I could import a screenshot and use the picker inside Gimp, but I need this so often, that I think maybe there's a trick cos in PS I just moved the eyedropper to an open browser and I had exactly the color of the pixel under the cursor, no matter where ever I clicked. If I try this in Gimp, the picker turns into a standard windows picker, as soon as it leaves the Gimp area, what normally makes sense, but not, if I need a color from my desktop window. Sorry for still being a noob, but maybe someone is so nice to help me.   Shy

Thanks, Finn

What I used is a website called https://pickcoloronline.com/ With this tool I'm able to pick colors from anywhere on the screen without installing a software for it... 

However you have to use a modern browser (like Chrome with latest updates) to use it

Messages In This Thread
RE: Color Picker outside the Gimp Window? - by David34 - 08-18-2022, 11:14 AM