Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIMP, install problem and curves with it
(10-11-2022, 04:26 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(10-09-2022, 02:33 PM)rich2005 Wrote: BIMP: For any linux user try the binary I post here: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-BIMP-version-2-6

Ever-Growing Files: I use the settings-cleaner since Gimp 2.8 days. Other files that will grow in Gimp user profile are 'action-history' and 'colorrc' I use a script to reset those.

Thanks Rich, using it on my kids' MX Linux [Image: thumbsup.png]

rich2005 Wrote:The Widows BIMP is 32 bit (for compatibility) and the installer buries it in C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins You can from the source page download just the ...exe plugin and put in the Gimp user profile  edit: thought you could but not there now

maybe 32 bit is the problem on the company system.

This is becoming a nightmare  Angry ,
I tried to re-install GIMP but this time with "Custom" to be sure that "Compatible with old plugin" was checked, this did not work at all (it took a lot longer to install though)
The problem is in this > C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins does not exist, there is no "GIMP" folder nor "GIMP 2" folder in "Program Files"

IIRC in your task manager you can get the full path to running executables, so start Gimp and try to find it there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BIMP, install problem and curves with it - by Ofnuts - 10-11-2022, 12:37 PM