Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues trying to Compose an image with masked channels
(05-11-2023, 12:12 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: it looks like you want to add layer masks, but you are not adding them to the layers (gimp-layer-add-mask) and are instead adding them as channels to the image.

Now, IMHO compose/decompose is a thing of a distant past. In modern Gimp you can get essentially the same result by using layers filled with #FF0000, #00FF00, and #0000FF, in multiply mode over copies of the image (merged down or each kept in a group). In the example below, each group is an extracted color channel (the other two are set to 0) as can be seen in the group thumbnail. When the top two groups are set to addition mode, this adds the three channels together and you recover the initial image.

This is great! Thanks for pointing this out, If I wish to extract information of the Alpha channel here is it possible for me to do so? I don't suppose I can use #000000FF (atleast this doesn't seem to make sense intuitively to me). 

What would be the way to go about having information of the Alpha channel here?

Thank you for your response

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issues trying to Compose an image with masked channels - by pronay - 05-11-2023, 12:46 AM