Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partial desaturation and other processes with a car
Thumbs Up 
(09-29-2023, 03:49 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(09-29-2023, 01:29 AM)Krikor Wrote: In order [...]

As much as I walked the Color Picker Tool around the car, I generally found average values of H=165 (HSV) / H=180 (CIE LCh).

Which brings me to another question: How do I choose the part of the car where I will collect the HUE?

Possibly because you looked under the wrong street lamp:

You try to find a part of the car where there are no reflections and not too much shadow. For the A112, the doors look like a good spot.

There is no HSL paint mode. There is a HSL Color. LCH Color and HSL Color are quite close, they both transfer the Color (hue/saturation) of the paint tool or layer, keeping the original Luminosity/Lightness. For photo I tend to prefer LCh. Here LCh works better:

Denzjos uses the color he wants, because at that point the choice is artistic and not technical. I must say that in my case it was a nice coincidence. But a subdue H320 background (car is H40) isn't that bad:

Hi,

I was definitely not looking for the most suitable place to collect the car's HUE value.

I believe I had correctly spelled "modo de cor HSL (HSL color mode)", but the translator somehow changed it without me noticing.

Thanks for the clarifications!
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Partial desaturation and other processes with a car - by Krikor - 09-30-2023, 07:13 AM