Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can this be simplified/dramatised?
Thank you guys. What's that: three or four different ways of doing it? Shows just how inept I am with Gimp. How could I have failed to find any of them?
They are all beaut clear pics, too. Just what I wanted.

Future will be different for I'll always know to turn to these methods.

I have a tap 'reseater' which grinds down the seat. I'm nervous about using it because I don't want to grind down too far.

Plumber tells me that's the trouble. You either grind down far enough or don't bother doing it because if you're not down far enough it'll just get worse and sure enough that's what's happened.

The last time I looked these gaps were like hairline cracks. That's what I thought they were. Cracks.

Now it seem water itself has stripped away the metal and widened the channels enormously.

I imagine that must be the power of water under pressure spurting past the metal. So that's what's happening on the inside. on the outside we see no sign of such pressure and spurting, such force. All we see is a lazy drip, drip, drip. What an education.

So I plan to grind down with the reseating tool and then install this 'replacement seat'.

I'm just confused again as I so often am because the 'replacement seat' kit wants me to grind down the seat until it is good, okay?
Well, yep, but if the seat is now good what do I want the replacement for?
https://www.bunnings.com.au/hydroseal-ta...t_p4902119

Messages In This Thread
Can this be simplified/dramatised? - by abrogard - 05-17-2024, 11:50 PM
RE: Can this be simplified/dramatised? - by abrogard - 05-18-2024, 09:22 PM