Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP odd behaviour Some parts don't work
(05-29-2024, 12:17 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(05-29-2024, 11:10 AM)jeanlinux Wrote:
(05-28-2024, 10:16 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: What "other ones"? Can you show us what happens when you want o use them? Disabled in menus? Error message?

Neither disabled nor an error message. They just don't have any effect any more. As I said I aven't touched anything ( or unwittingly ) to my usual working habits.

The color tools not working are       Colour balance, color temperature, hue chroma, saturation, hue and saturation, and the most useful Shadows and highlights. The rest are in perfect working condition ( namely Brightness and Contrast, Levels and Curves ). 

Totally puzzling.

What do you make of that ?

Jean

So you can start the tool but the tool has no effect? If so can you take a screen shot of the tools dialog over the picture you are working on?

Thanks for spending time over my problem.

Now I get it: I realize my filters actually are working BUT when I move the cursors I no longer see the preview ( which is a nuisance ) BUT if I click Validate then I see the result. That is making things more complicated, isn't it ?

(05-31-2024, 05:44 AM)jeanlinux Wrote:
(05-29-2024, 12:17 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(05-29-2024, 11:10 AM)jeanlinux Wrote: Neither disabled nor an error message. They just don't have any effect any more. As I said I aven't touched anything ( or unwittingly ) to my usual working habits.

The color tools not working are       Colour balance, color temperature, hue chroma, saturation, hue and saturation, and the most useful Shadows and highlights. The rest are in perfect working condition ( namely Brightness and Contrast, Levels and Curves ). 

Totally puzzling.

What do you make of that ?

Jean

So you can start the tool but the tool has no effect? If so can you take a screen shot of the tools dialog over the picture you are working on?

Thanks for spending time over my problem.

Now I get it: I realize my filters actually are working BUT when I move the cursors I no longer see the preview ( which is a nuisance ) BUT if I click Validate then I see the result. That is making things more complicated, isn't it ?
Oh dear, now I see. The preview case was off..... phew, what a relief... So there never was a real hitch. 

Thank you so much everyone !

Jean Shy

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIMP odd behaviour Some parts don't work - by jeanlinux - 05-31-2024, 05:44 AM