Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any way to export a lot of pictures from *.jpg to *.dds
Hi. I'm trying to do something that seems pretty simple, but I'm not sure if it's possible to do in GIMP at all, but I really hope so.

I have an image "file.jpg". I open it with GIMP, then I go to "File", then "Export As...", I choose "DDS image" (there're two ones, I select the first one, I don't know if/how they differ from each other). Then I use the settiongs (I choose the compression - BC1/DXT1, other options are default):
[Image: YVoUTMfS]
(Sorry, my picture isn't vissible. It's on https://imgbox.com/YVoUTMfS)
After exporting I get "file.dds" picture.

So, I have a directory which contains several subdirectories each of which contains several *.jpg pictures similar to "file.jpg" (all picture are 512x512, but I think it doesn't matter). All what I need is to export all these *.jpg images to *.dds format ang get the results the same as if they were received if I exported them manually one by one as I've written above. The all exported *.dds file should have names the same as its input *.jpg files. Also, it would be nice to delete all input *.jpg files after conversion.

I've seen some scripts for GIMP, but they look pretty difficult for me, I've never used GIMP before. Maybe there's a simple way to do it in Windows command-line CMD. (Also, I could make such conversion on Linux if it will be easier, than on Windows, although my laptop with Linux isn't so powerful). Also, I've installed BIMP and tried the "Batch Image Manipulation Plugin", but I havent found the *.dds format for exporting...

Messages In This Thread
Any way to export a lot of pictures from *.jpg to *.dds - by misha.physics - 06-10-2024, 03:14 PM